Barcelona, Spain Photo Spots
In September, my husband and I visited Barcelona and found some beautiful (and Instagrammable!) photo spots while exploring the city! I wanted to share my top five Barcelona Instagram spots and some pro tips on how to get the best photos in each location!
Palau de la Música Catalana
My favorite photospot in all of Barcelona! Palau de la Música Catalana is located in Sant Pere District and was finished in 1908 by the modernist architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner. This landmark is the first ever concert hall to receive a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognition. You can purchase tickets to tour the concert hall here!
With a mix of sculpture, stained glass, and Gaudi-esque mosaics, this concert hall is a dream photospot in Barcelona. However, it’s a little tricky to photograph! One of the most beautiful photo spots is on the terrace supported with columns outlined in floral mosaics. Since all the tours are guided, you can’t really venture away from the group to take photos. Below are a few tips to get the best photo at one of the most Insta-Worthy spots in Barcelona:
Pro Tips | How to get the Best Instagram Photo at Palau de la Música:
- For fewer amounts of people, try to take the earliest or latest guided tour.
- The tour guide only lets the group have less than 10 minutes on the terrace. Let everyone have a chance to take their photo for the first 5 minutes, then weave your way to the back columns for a different perspective.
- In between people swapping out for their photo, pop out and take a few pictures while leaning against a column! Once the next person is ready for their photo, hide behind a column so that you aren’t in their photo. Leave a comment below if you have any questions!
Cathedral of Barcelona
Located in the Gothic Quarter, the Cathedral of Barcelona is beautiful photospot with tons of tourists to prove it! We didn’t end up touring the inside, but wish we had!
Pro Tips | How to get the Best Instagram Photo at the Barcelona Cathedral
- If you want a picture in front of the church without any people, be sure to head there around 7AM or earlier!
- My husband and I weren’t wanting that early wake up call, so we really enjoyed the side street photo option! Comment below if you have any specific questions about the Barcelona Instagram spots at this location!
If you plan on visiting Barcelona, Park Güell is a can’t miss photo spot! A masterpiece designed by the legendary Guadi, the park is filled with beautiful artistic expression. You can buy tickets to visit the park here! Although visiting the park is free, access to the terrace with the iconic tile benches is not. I highly suggest buying tickets ahead of time! The ticket comes with an automatic bus transfer to get to the park (high up on a cliff) and also includes a ride back down to the city.
Pro Tips | How to get the Best Instagram Photo at Park Güell
- To avoid an early wakeup call, head to the park around sunet!
- Take photos in front of a few of the tile benches. Each one showcases a different perspective of the gingerbread towers!
- Experiment with blurring an edge of the bench in the foreground for an even more unique photo!
- Don’t forget to walk around the rest of the park! There are several other stunning photo backdrops!
Andante Hotel Rooftop
We stayed at the Andante Hotel, an eco-friendly boutique hotel in the center of Barcelona. Boy, did this hotel have it all! Our room was less than $100 per night, came with a daily breakfast, and was just only a short walk from Las Ramblas! Their refreshing rooftop pool served as an oasis after long days of exploring. Rooftop pools in Barcelona are very common and there are so many stylish options to choose from! My favorite place to search for hotels is Expedia!
La Sagrada Família
Last but not least, La Sagrada Familia! No Barcelona Instagram guide would be complete without mentioning this stunning spectacle! Designed by artist Antoni Gaudi, and under construction until 2026! Since the construction is mostly concentrated at the top, it’s really easy to crop out of photos!
Pro Tips | How to get the Best Instagram Photo at La Sagrada Família
- You can visit this masterpiece at anytime of the day for a great photo!
- Look for the small pond in front of the cathedral for the perfect Instagram Spot at La Sagrada Família!
- Find a bench and you’ll easily fit the beautiful masterpiece behind you in a photo!
Other Destinations in Spain
Curious about checking out other cities in Spain during your trip? Check out my post about Madrid for the perfect weekend itinerary! Do you plan on visiting Spain during warmer months? I highly recommend checking out Mallorca! For a $50 flight from Barcelona, you can experience this gorgeous island! Check out the best villages to visit in Mallorca during the month of September in my post here!
Comment blow! I’m always happy to answer any questions! Share your favorite Barcelona Instagram spots, too!